In response to comments from our customers the packaging of the Ferretts tablets has been changed from unit dose to a more convenient bottle with a child resistant cap. Also Ferretts tablets are now dye free. Please let us know what you think about the new packaging of our iron supplements.
March 25th, 2011
March 12th, 2009
IRON DEFICIENCY AND ANEMIA… Iron is a mineral that is an essential constituent of blood and muscle, and is required for the transport of oxygen. The primary role of iron relates to the ability of red blood cells to adequately carry oxygen to sustain the body’s cellular support. When iron deficiency progresses to anemia, and anemia is finally detected, an unbalanced condition has already been reached.
High-risk groups include:
- Women of child-bearing age who have blood loss through menstruation
- Pregnant or lactating women who have an increased requirement for iron
- Infants, children, and adolescents in rapid growth phases
- People with a poor dietary intake of iron
- People who donate blood more than three times per year
- Adolescents, especially male & female endurance athletes
- People who have had WLS (Weight Loss Surgery)
- People who use aspirin regularly
Sign and Symptoms
- Pale skin color
- Shortness of breath
- Sore tongue
- Brittle nails
- Unusual food cravings (called pica)
- Decreased appetite (especially in children)
- Headache – frontal
- Blue tinge to sclera (whites of eyes)
February 6th, 2009
After years of trying various iron supplements,I have finally found one that really makes a difference without the nasty side effects. Before finding Ferretts IPS I struggled with choosing either sluggishness from lack of iron or the side effects of the supplements themselves. With the convenient liquid form of iron I know that I am getting the goodness of Ferretts IPS right into my body. I am now finding energy I never had before and I feel great!
August 25th, 2007
By Joy L from Raleigh, NC on 8/21/2007
Yes, I would recommend Ferretts to a friend. I have been purchasing Ferretts #60 tablets for quite a while now and am happy with the product and with the service I’ve received from Pharmics. The Ferretts is a medical necessity for me and works well for me. I was glad to be able to find Pharmics on the internet and I am a satisfied customer.