O-Cal Pregnancy Prenatal Multivitamin with Folic Acid
- Ideal before conception, during pregnancy, and while breastfeeding.
- Contains a balance of 16 vitamins and minerals, including 1 mg Folic Acid.
- Dye Free (white film coated)
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Small Easy to swallow tablets
- Free Shipping
O-Cal Prenatal Vitamins are designed to meet a woman’s unique nutritional requirements before, during, and after pregnancy. O-Cal Prenatal vitamins provide a balance of vitamins and minerals in formula that is free from artificial colors, sugar and gluten. This makes O-Cal Prenatal vitamin a natural choice in prenatal vitamin supplements. O-Cal Prenatal vitamins are a small, easy-to-swallow tablet (one tablet per day), it is much easier to take than other oversized prenatal supplements.O-Cal Prenatal Vitamin & Mineral:
- Contains no artificial dyes or colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Just 1 tablet a day provides the ideal balance of key vitamins – including Folic Acid.
- Comes in a small, easy-to-swallow tablet – perfect for sensitive stomachs.
- One bottle provides 240 Tablets – a eight month supply!
- Manufactured in USA.
Importance of Folic Acid
Folic Acid is very essential for a healthy pregnancy and healthy fetal development. Folic acid has been shown to decrease the risk of birth defects like spina bifida or other neural tube defects. It is recommended that women increase their intake of folic acid even before trying to conceive. – and with the O-Cal Prenatal formulation of 1 mg folic acid (1000 mcg), provide the ideal dosage for those trying to conceive, those that are pregnant and those who are breastfeeding.
Folic acid is a B vitamin. It helps the body make healthy new cells. Everyone needs folic acid. For women who may get pregnant, it is very important. When a woman has enough folic acid in her body before and during pregnancy, it can prevent major birth defects of her baby’s brain or spine. During pregnancy, the body’s requirement for Folic Acid increases and O-Cal Prenatal helps meet these new prenatal nutritional needs by providing 1 mg of folic acid per tablet in addition to other essential vitamin and minerals
Importance of Iron Iron is a mineral that is an essential constituent of blood and muscle, and is required for the transport of oxygen. The primary role of iron relates to the ability of red blood cells to adequately carry oxygen to sustain the body’s cellular support. When the body is deficient of iron serious medical problems can arise. Iron deficiency is a common problem with most women, particularly pregnant women. A small percentage of men also suffer from iron deficiency. Iron deficiency is a frequent concern for post weight loss surgery (WLS) patients. When iron deficiency progresses to anemia, and anemia is finally detected, an unbalanced condition has already been reached. The key to successful iron supplementation is patient compliance. Pharmics has developed iron supplements that overcome the stigma of iron of therapy, better tolerated for better compliance and absorption
- Iron is needed for proper placenta development
- Iron is needed for the prevention of pre-term and low birth weight babies
- Studies estimate that up to 58% of pregnant women are iron deficient.
O-Cal Prenatal is an excellent choise to meeting the nutritional needs of pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.